Friday, August 24, 2012

Frat Boy and Toppy







August 24th, 2012

So, when it comes to M/M erotica, what do you like? What do you hate? Does, it seem that the stories are, well, not very realistic? Does the sex seem not possible?

Folks, I will tell you that these are questions I ask myself all the time. I am a man, and when I read M/M, I want it to be true, real, passionate sex. Unfortunately, there are so many that will never touch these personal requirements.

I found a book, that even though cheesy in parts, satisfied several of my personal pet peeves.

This story starts out with a college senior in the shower. He happens to glance over at the ass of the man showering beside him and he thinks to himself, "I'd tap that." Now the shock that washes over Brad was sudden and quite revealing. Not only is he embarrassed, but he's turned on as well.  He has to hide the partial erection that he had while rushing out of the shower. Brad had a lot of emotions to work through.

The next day, upon some deep reflection, Brad goes through his normal day of classes and a life as a Frat Brother. Brad walked into his history class and finds himself drooling over the hot TA, Sebastian. Brad had no idea if Sebastian was gay, all he knew was, he was hot and he was finding himself imagining being fucked.

Now Brad was jock, and Sebastian, the dark haired "geek" that wore glasses.

The first part of the novel, takes us through Brad's journey to self-acceptance. He confirms, with the recollection of some past events that he is gay. Brad even experiments with anal stimulation.

Once, he is comfortable with his sexuality, he has to find away to bring it up with not only his parents and siblings, but the Frat house as well. First, however he wants Sebastian.

Not knowing that Sebastian was well known in the, in the gay scene as a notorious top, nor that he wanted Brad just as much; Brad found himself becoming sexually frustrated.

Fate would serve them both when a party was thrown at the Frat house and both men were there. Sebastian, playing it cool in the corner, left the party once he saw Brad. Brad, finding the courage, chased Sebastian down in the parking lot. The only words that Brad could muster was, "I want you to fuck me," leaving Sebastian speechless and hard.

I will leave you with that. I know, evil, evil, evil..... :)

Anne Tenino  weaves a story of intense passion and a smitten couple. Sure, there are trials and tribulations along the way, but like all romance novels this one ends up okay in the end. I did, have issues with this book. Sebastian's character could have been developed more. The plot needed some work. There were holes in the story that needed to be filled. Even though the ending was rushed, and the story could've been deeper, the sex made the story good. I gave this a 3.5/5 stars on Goodreads and would recommend this to anyone looking for a hot book with a HEA. I will tell you that Sebastian's demeanor was amazing! Go enough you some Frat boy and Toppy!

1 comment: