Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My Life Next Door






My Life Next Door By Huntley Fitzpatrick


The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A dreamy summer read, full of characters who stay with you long after the story is over. **



I read this book simply because my best friend was sure I'd love it and she was right. You get sucked in to watching the Garret family from Samantha's rooftop view and yearning for her to break out of her shell just a little bit.  Finally she has the space to do so thanks to her moms' new boyfriend.  I have to say straight up, I hated Samantha's mom. She is rude and inconsiderate and overbearing, everything that is the opposite of a good mom.  That is all I'm going to say about her mom, cause seriously shes is heinous. 

Samantha was told not to talk or associate with those people that moved in the house next door when she was little. They had too many kids and they were going to have a messy yard and just in general be a waste of neighbors. So she didn't, ever speak to them.  Now she's seventeen and she wants to know which one is Andy and which one is Jace or Alice. She watches through their window and wishes just for a bit she can be apart of the chaos. Until one night when she's rescued by a cute boy and he brings her in to his world of chaos.  Jace sees her, not the politician's daughter, not the perfect student, HER.  He seems to see everything, just takes it all in and is so easy going that Samantha doesn't know what to do with herself. She wonders if perhaps he has her under a spell the way she follows him. 

I really enjoyed this book, after I got a bit in to it. I must say that the way these teenagers talk just seemed a bit older than what they are. After I forced myself to just go with the flow and enjoy the story it was easy to fall in love with Jace and Sam and his family. My personal favorite character was George. You will have to read to find out what I mean, but honestly you can't go wrong with My Life Next Door.  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment