Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Starting Now


I received this book as an ARC. 

*Review may contain SPOILERS*
Starting Now by Debbie Macomber

For years Libby Morgan dreamed only of making partner in her competitive, high-pressure law firm. She sacrificed everything for her career—her friends, her marriage, her chance at creating a family. When her boss calls Libby into his office, she assumes it will finally be good news, but nothing can prepare her for the shocking reality: She’s been let go and must rebuild her entire life . . . starting now.

With no job prospects in sight, Libby reaches out to old friends and spends her afternoons at A Good Yarn, the local knitting store. There she forms a close bond with Lydia, the sweet-natured shop owner; Lydia’s spirited teenage daughter, Casey; and Casey’s best friend, Ava, a shy yet troubled girl who will shape Libby’s future in surprising and profound ways.

As A Good Yarn becomes a second home—and the women a new kind of family—Libby relishes the different person she’s become. She even finds time for romance with a charming and handsome doctor who seems to be her perfect match. But just as everything is coming together, Libby must make a choice that could forever change the life she holds so dear.**

I've been waiting for a new Blossom Street novel to come out, I had almost given up hope but then I saw this one and was so excited and then I got even more excited to be able to read it sooner than later! 

Libby is down on her luck and needs to start over. After a good while of wallowing in self pity she decides she's going to start making her life better instead of worse. Her clothes are starting to fit tightly so she starts working out at a local gym. She finds that she has time for friends she hadn't had time for when she worked, and she picks up some new or how you look at it old hobbies. Her mother taught her to knit when she was younger and while she was with her friend Robin she went into the store A Good Yarn and it brought back the yearning to do something. She started knitting preemie hats, she did it so much that she was knitting 30 a weekend.

While dropping off hats for the shop owner, Lydia, she meets Phillip Stone, aka. Dr. Heart of Stone. She instantly feels like the looks he's giving her are mean and meant to make her feel less than him. He thinks shes one of the girls mom and if the girl has told her the secret she's been hiding.   I know I know I'm all cryptic and stuff but I really don't want to give anything away. 

This book was so good I couldn't put it down and I read it in about a day. I loved seeing Libby start to have a life and actually live instead of working herself to death. She has to decide if she needs her job to fulfill her life or if she can find that balance of home and work.  So many ups and downs that Libby goes through and I loved every minute of it! You must check out the books, I know you won't be disappointed!

**Goodreads summary



4 comments:

  1. I know this is a silly question...but what is an ARC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a silly question. It stands for Advanced Readers Copy. The book is not out yet so I received an ARC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for telling me. BTW, sorry for the long delay lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime! Thanks for your interest! I hope you check out some of her other books. They are really great!

    ReplyDelete