Saturday, July 20, 2013

Kiss of the Night (Dark-Hunter #5)





Wulf is an ancient Viking warrior with a useful but extremely aggravating power—amnesia. No one who meets him in person can remember him 5 minutes later. It makes it easy to have one-night stands, but hard to have a meaningful relationship, and without true love he can never regain his soul.

When he finally meets Cassandra, the one woman who can remember him, she turns out to be the princess of the cursed race he's sworn to hunt—and forbidden to him. The two of them must face ancient curses, prophecies, and the direct meddling of the Greek gods to find true happiness at last.



A man stricken with immortality and the curse of everyone that meets him will forget him within five minutes. Wulf is an ancient Viking who's soul was tricked out of him by the Norse god Loki and a Dark-Huntress. He didn't die and therefore didn't sell his soul to Artemis. 

He found out quickly, that the only people that can remember him are his relatives. The catch here, is he only has one left, Chris and he is determined to get him laid and keep his lineage going. 

Cassandra, is the heiress to Apollo's line. Prophecy claims, that when her line is killed then the Apollite line will be freed from their curse. Therefore, she is hunted, by Daimon and Apollite alike. Her bodyguard Kat is the only thing standing between her and certain death (true to fashion, looks are often more than they appear). 

The love that develops between these two is something short of amazing. A random meeting in a bar, several sultry dreams later, these two seem destined for forever. 

However, like all great stories, this one is full of plot. 

Here is a little taste. 

1. Marriage and a baby carriage.....Yes, however I will not tell you how that is possible. 
2. All of the Hunters from prior books come together for a final battle. 
3. Ash is one...


  I am loving how he is constantly in charge, even if it doesn't seem like it. 

4. A whole cast of characters are introduced. 

-Stryker, the son of Apollo and bound to  Apollymi, the destroyer. He is a bad ass and he turns into a dragon...so, how is that bad??

-His son Urian and his wife Phoebe, very surprising how much I liked Urian. 

5. The lore behind Apollo's children....Oh how interesting this is..

Wulf moved back, away from the women, as he digested that. In his world there were only two kinds of Daimons. The regular ones who ran when they were chased and the Spathi who fought back. Since meeting Cassandra he'd learned of two more; the Agkelos, who only preyed on evil humans, and the Anaimikos, who preyed on other Daimons. i.e. Kiss of the Night

Quotes:

“Have you ever noticed that salvation, much like your car keys, is usually found where and when you least expect it? (Acheron)”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kiss of the Night


“Dear Son,
I would call you by name, but I’m waiting for your mother to decide. I only hope she is joking when she calls you Albert Dalbert.
For weeks now I have watched your mother zealously gather her tokens for this box. She’s so afraid of you not knowing anything about her, and it bothers me greatly that you’ll never know her strength firsthand. I’m sure by the time you read this, you’ll know everything I do about her.
But you’ll never know her for yourself and that pains me most of all. I wish you could see the look on her face whenever she talks to you. The sadness she tries so hard to hide. Every time I see it, it cuts through me.
She love you so much. You’re all she talks about. I have so many orders from her for you. I’m not allowed to make you crazy the way I do your Uncle Chris. I’m not allowed to call the doctors every time you sneeze and you are to be allowed to tussle with your friends without me having a conniption that someone might bruise you.
Nor am I to bully you about getting married or having kids. Ever.
Most of all, you are allowed to pick your own car at sixteen. I’m not supposed to put you in a tank. We’ll see about that one. I refuse to promise her this last item until I know more about you. Not to mention, I’ve seen how other people drive on the roads. So if you have a tank, sorry. There’s only so much changing man my age can do.
I don’t know what our futures will hold. I only hope that when all is said and done, you are more like your mother than you are like me. She’s a good woman. A kind woman. Full of love and compassion even though her life has been hard and full of grief. She bears her scars with a grace, dignity, and humor that I lack.
Most of all, she has courage the likes of which I haven’t witnessed in centuries. I hope with every part of me that you inherit all her best traits and none of my bad ones.
I don’t really know what more to say. I just thought you should have something of me in here too.
Love,
Your father (Wulf)”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Kiss of the Night


I might have to say it out loud, something that I have thought for awhile now.  

Dark-Hunter vs Black Dagger Brotherhood...

What is your vote...I know mine :)

Until Next time, 






No comments:

Post a Comment