Saturday, July 13, 2013

Night Embrace (Dark-Hunter #3)


Dear Reader,

Life is great for me. I have my chicory coffee, my warm beignets, and my best friend on the cell phone. Once the sun goes down, I am the baddest thing prowling the night: I command the elements, and I know no fear. For centuries, I've protected the innocent and watched over the mankind, making sure they are safe in a world where nothing is ever certain. All I want in return is a hot babe in a red dress, who wants nothing more from me then one night.

Instead, I get a runaway Mardi Gras float that tries to turn me into roadkill and a beautiful woman who saves my life but can't remember where she put my pants. Flamboyant and extravagant, Sunshine Runningwolf should be the perfect woman for me. She wants nothing past tonight, no ties, no long-term commitments.

But every time I look at her, I start yearning for dreams that I buried centuries ago. With her unconventional ways and ability to baffle me, Sunshine is the one person I find myself needing. But for me to love her would mean her death. I am cursed never to know peace or happiness— not so long as my enemy waits in the night to destroy us both.

—Talon of the Morrigantes



So I moved on, decided to let the lore keep me going. HOLY HELL! This was an amazing book. I cannot give the book five stars as the sex scenes were still hideous! 



The rest of this book was amazing. This world is amazing. Talon, is doomed to watch everyone he loves die for killing the son of a Celtic God. Nothing he did could stop the Fates from exacting Camalus' revenge. 

Sunshine, a vegan, ultra sassy woman filled with a sense of morality that is the exact opposite of Talon. 

Expect they are drawn to each other. Nothing would keep them apart. Sunshine starts having dreams of her past with Talon. Could she have the soul of Talon's lost wife? 

How will it work out? 

Especially since her distracting Talon is exactly what two gods bent on getting their powers back are hoping for. Talon along with Ash are the only one's that can stop a Greek god and Celtic god from unleashing the ultimate evil onto the world. 

Styxx-Now this man..I have my thoughts on him. I loved the ending of the book when the goddess of memory touched him giving him the truth of him and Ash's birth. I know his book comes out soon and I have a lot of catching up to do!

Now onto characters. 

Ash-My favorite person outside of Nick. There is a secret revealed in this book that was well worth the 500 page story. We get a glimpse into his past. One that I am sure with leave me smiling as the story moves on. 
Nick-Even though I have already met several aspects of this world with my prior reads, it is nice seeing Nick as a twenty something smart ass that is still human. I cannot wait see his story progress.
Vane, Fury and Fang-Wolves...hmmm never like them in other series...but right now I like these two. 
Artemis-Many people don't like her. However, I do. Her wit and sexual desire for Ash is nice. 
Valerius and Zarek-I didn't see what happened with their story happening. I was like....



I am going to try and read the universe in order...Well I hope so. This story was truly amazing. I just hope that the sex gets better. 


Rating





Quotes:


“He who lets fear rule him, has fear for a master [Acheron]”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Night Embrace


“Nick, fetch my car, fetch my clothes, sweep the chimney, make my bed, watch my psychopath, fetch my slippers.”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Night Embrace


“Talon glanced wistfully at his drink as he debated what should take priority. 'Coffee… Daimons… Coffee… Daimons…”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Night Embrace


“Well", Fang said, mimicking a thick Southern drawl. "I must say its mighty nice of them Daimons to clean up after themselves when you kill them" He held his hands up to them. "Look Ma, no mess."

"Does Fang have an off switch?" Talon asked Vane.”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Night Embrace


“Sunshine, I... Starla's voice broke off as she entered the room and caught sight of him standing naked in the corner. She eyed him in an odd, detached way, as if he were an interesting piece of furniture.

Talon and modesty were strangers, but the way she stared at him made him damned uncomfortable. In spite of the sunlight, Talon grabbed the pink blanket off the bed and clutched it to his middle.

You know, Sunshine, you need to find a man like that to marry. Someone so well hung that even after three or four kids, he'd still be wall to wall.

Talon gaped.

Sunshine laughed. "Starla, you're embarrassing him.”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, Night Embrace



Until Next time,



No comments:

Post a Comment