Friday, August 2, 2013

Faking Normal



Faking Normal By Courtney C. Stevens


Alexi Littrell hasn't told anyone what happened to her over the summer. Ashamed and embarrassed, she hides in her closet and compulsively scratches the back of her neck, trying to make the outside hurt more than the inside does.

When Bodee Lennox, the quiet and awkward boy next door, comes to live with the Littrells, Alexi discovers an unlikely friend in "the Kool-Aid Kid," who has secrets of his own. As they lean on each other for support, Alexi gives him the strength to deal with his past, and Bodee helps her find the courage to finally face the truth.


Gah, where do I start with the flailing for this book. I started reading it last night and I literally couldn't put it down!

Alexi has gotten really good at telling people what they want to hear. She's good at playing her part and acting like last summer didn't happen. She feels like it was her fault anyway.  All telling would do is ruin everything!!

Bodee is quiet and you never really know he's there except he's got a new shade of hair every day.  He's dealing with his own demons and I just felt so much for him. I cried at some of the thing he would say. I just couldn't imagine having to experience all he has in his short life.

Little does Alexi know when Bodee comes to live with her family that she is going to find the one person she can trust more than anything. They strike up an unlikely friendship and show that not everything is what it seems.

The friendship between the two was amazing, sweet and sometimes didn't even need words. I really couldn't stand Alexi's sister but in the end she came through and was a true big sister.

Bodee and his soft spoken ways crept in to my heart and stole a piece that will always be his. I can't get over how much this book touched me. You should definitely check it out and leave the author some love. She deserves it for the amazingness that she shared with us!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment