Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Acheron (Dark-Hunter #15)




The most anticipated story in the blockbuster Dark-Hunter series. The never-before-revealed story of the Dark-Hunter leader, Acheron. He was made human in order to escape death, but in death he was reborn a god. . .

Eleven thousand years ago a god was born. Cursed into the body of a human, Acheron spent a lifetime of shame. However, his human death unleashed an unspeakable horror that almost destroyed the earth. Then, brought back against his will, Acheron became the sole defender of mankind.

Only it was never that simple. For centuries, he has fought for our survival and hidden a past he’ll do anything to keep concealed. Until a lone woman who refuses to be intimidated by him threatens his very existence.

Now his survival, and ours, hinges on hers and old enemies reawaken and unite to kill them both.

War has never been more deadly... or more fun.

I cannot put into words this book. 

After over 700 pages, I am still flabbergasted at the emotion, pain, and love that was in this book. 

The first half took us on a journey where we see the young Acheron and how he was loved by his mother Apollymi and how she sacrificed herself so her son could live. 

When Acheron was born, the twin of Styxx, he was cursed by his parents all because of his eyes. The words of a midwife cursed him to a life of torment, beatings, rape, prostitution, death of the ones he hold dear, and castration. 

You think that the author held anything back YOU ARE SADLY MISTAKEN! Every snip, scream, and drop of blood is shown to us in graphic detail as every fiber in this man's body is severed from reality. 

Enter one goddess Artemis. We are show how their love grew and the ultimate betrayal that costed Artemis so much. However, I grew fond of her. Even though I did not like what she did, I can understand it. Acheron was the only man to ever touch her and she had no idea what the bounds of a relationship where. Now, after eleven thousand years, she should've learned.

Apollymi, a mother bound by love for her son. Betrayed by her entire family and Apollo. She wants everyone to pay for the pain they have caused her and Acheron. We get a little glimpse of her power when she was first released into the world when she though Ash was dead. 

One fateful decision, bound Artemis and Acheron together forever. Done out of spite as well as preservation, the sordid realization of hatred between these two is revealed. 

Zap us to present day, where we are introduced to Tory. She is related to a character that we have all met already. Hint, she found Atlantis. Ash and Artemis go to the lecture. This decision sets in motion a plan where we meet several more people from out past. An unbelievable love story. A mother's love that will touch the heart of us all. A goddess who's true colors are revealed.


This is a story of the devastation of one's soul only to be reborn with the love of another. 

Finally, a list of people not mentioned before. 

1. Nick
2. All Dark hunters
3. Dev and Amiee
4. Stryker
5. Simi

Please, for the love of God read these books! There are a few that I would see skipped, this one, however, is utterly amazing. 

Quotes:

“Life isn't finding shelter in the storm. It's about learning to dance in the rain.”

Sherrilyn Kenyon, Acheron



"I know better than to interfere with the natural order, but I couldn't let you die. I didn't want to watch you suffer."

"Why would you do that?"

He led her hand to his face so that she was touching his cheek as he stared at her. His eyes and the pain in them burned her soul deep. "Because I don't feel broken when you look at me."

And in that moment, she realized how much she loved this man. Now Takeshi's words made complete sense to her.

"Take care of him, Soteria. And remember it takes great courage and heart for a man who knows no kindness to show it to another. Even the wildest of beasts can be tamed by a patient and gentle hand."


--Apollymi smiled. "I thought your cousin Geary would be the one to free my baby. But the moment I first saw you when you were only ten, poking around the ruins of my temple under the Aegean, I knew you were the one. It was why I never allowed any other man to touch you."

She covered Tory's hand with her other and held it tight. "Soteria. The keeper of Atlantis who stood at her post even against my anger, and who went down fighting to protect what she loved most. You do your namesake proud."



Apollymi was stunned by the hug—no one had touched her with so much affection since the night she'd conceived Apostolos. Closing her eyes, she held the girl close. "So long as you're kind to him, you will always be my daughter. If you ever need anything, call for me and I will answer."

"I won't let anything happen to him again. I promise."

--The best one.....

He looked at Atropos who was tall and blond and who absolutely hated him with a passion he'd never understood. In that moment, he allowed her to see every ounce of fury inside him. "You ever sever the thread for Soteria's life again and there's no power in existence that will keep me from tearing your throat out. The three of you have screwed me over for the last time. In all these centuries, I've left you alone. Now, I'm warning you to return the favor because the next time you tamper with my fate, I will end yours."





Until Next time,




No comments:

Post a Comment