Friday, September 6, 2013

The Spook's Blood (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles #10)




Time is running out for Thomas Ward. His final battle against the Fiend is drawing near, and the Spook's apprentice has never felt more alone in his task. Isolated and afraid, the Fiend is set to send the greatest of his servants against him - Siscoi, a Vampire God more ferocious than anything he has yet faced. Tom must risk his life to prevent the evil beast from entering this world, even as he learns that the final destruction of the Fiend may involve a sacrifice more terrible than he can imagine...


This book left me a little sad. Here we have Tom and the Spook rebuilding their house. However, with all of these books, we are soon thrown into a war with a vampire Siscoi. 

What consumed my worries was the plot that was secondary, yet as important. We see Tom make his way back to Mulkin tower to examine the trucks that his Mam had left him. I assumed that the process to destroy the Fiend was going to be hard. What I did not expect was how awful it would be. 

Tom's Mam asked him something that I don't believe anyone could do. The sacrifice needed along with the use of the three sacred items and how they are used is awful! I know there has to be a way around this and I will have three more books to find out. 

Finally, it is sad to see the Spook. He is becoming more of a secondary character and Tom is growing in power and confidence. I cannot wait to see where this story goes. 

God help me if the prophecy comes true. 

OH and Grimalkin comes back!!!


Rating 


Until Next Time..



No comments:

Post a Comment