Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Merrick (The Vampire Chronicles #7)




In this mesmerizing new novel, Anne Rice demonstrates once again her gift for spellbinding storytelling and the creation of myth and magic, as she weaves together two of her most compelling worlds? those of the Vampire Chronicles and the Mayfair witches.

This is the novel, where Anne tries to bridge the gap between the Mayfair witches and her vampires. I have to admit...this was not my favorite novel of the series so far. Don't misunderstand me when I state that. It was not a bad book. 

We follow Lestat and crew on a trip, doing what vampires do. Suddenly there is a witch following them that from the beginning that I had suspicions about.  

-She knows one the group. 
-Claudia plays a role not only in the early story, but with Louis. I cannot help but wonder where his character will go. There is only so much one can handle when the truth comes out. 
-Merrick's family makes me want to be a witch. They are some scary people. 
-Finally a trip to South America where a treasure hunt of sorts leads us to Merrick's ultimate goal. 


Anne Rice is an amazing author. Sometimes my brain hurts with the imagery that floods my mind, but the rush is so worth it! 

Rating:




Until Next Time, 






No comments:

Post a Comment