Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars


The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

Once again I should of listened to Corie. She knows me and yet I fight her. Anyway, I didn't want to read this book, I had seen all these people talking about it and crying. I didn't want to read a book that would make me cry. I saw the preview for the upcoming movie, and I just felt that I needed to read this book.

From the moment I started reading this book I was hooked, Hazel is a girl that is living with terminal cancer. She's sixteen and goes to a support group for kids with cancer. She goes to college classes but that's about it. One night at the support group she meets Augustus Waters. He flips her world upside down. He pursues her, even though she tells him that shes a bomb. One day she'll explode and she's trying to minimize the casualties. This beautiful boy is one she's trying to save.

This story isn't about dying. This story is about love and its about living while you still have the time.  You will not regret reading this story. It changes you and makes you look at things in a different life. I loved all of the characters, each one adds a layer to the story. It's truly an amazing read.

No comments:

Post a Comment