Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Obsidian (Lux #1)

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something... unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.



J's Review

Ok, so when someone calls you and tells you to read a book series, DO NOT FIGHT IT!!!


There is some sort of cosmic curse that plagues someone if they fight something so good. 

Onto the story.

We are introduced to a man, Daemon and a woman Katy. One, an established alien, melded perfectly into societal norms and the other a relocated student that has just lost her father and her family moves to West Virginia to start over. 

From the beginning, we notice something off. Daemon is an ass and Katy is drawn to him, (cue the references to his hotness OVER AND OVER) even though his attitude is enough to cause a mouse to run away from cheese. 

Yep... pardon my "cheesy" metaphors above. Admit it, you liked the visual. 

At first you might find yourself....


Like, OMG ANOTHER ONE OF THESE DAMN BOOKS!!! The guy is a douche and the girl is trying to fight it but cannot and then BAM!!! LOVE!!!

You might think this.....but then you are like, 


Cause...GIRL YOU WAS SO WRONG!!! 

We are wrapped in a story so well thought out that alien love actually is hot. The characters, that surround Katy and Daemon are amazing and I love Dee...Trust me, you will too! 

This book has everything...

1. Douchy boy, fighting his urge to love...Check
2. Great heroine that undergoes a transformation from the first pages...Check
3. A group or unknown group of villains that make you "shiver me timbers"...Check
4. A great group of supporting cast, no matter their intentions...check
5. A plot that you will never guess...Check. 

Folks, I am telling you that this is a series that you will love. This is the first book on a journey that is dubbed YA, however I think you will agree with me, the sex scenes in the series leave you wanting MORE! 

I am a man, and I wanted Daemon. Now, that might not be saying much with me. However, I pictured a certain man named, Ian. 

Okay, now that I have had my fan-girl moment, a little about the plot. 

Jennifer has written these books where the title plays a critical role in each book. This book sets the ground work. We learn a little about the alien family and why they are on Earth. The reason for Daemon being such a "Summer's Eve" product is resolved and something very critical takes place that will "change" Katy forever. 

The villain in this book is so important to the finality of this series. Please, do not be quick to judge. 

YOU WILL LOVE IT!! STOP READING THIS REVIEW<<<<<<<GO BUY THE BOOK(S) AND LOVE THEM!!!

Rating


Until Next Time, 

J



Amanda's Review

I really don't know what else I can add to this review. I just know that when I started reading this book I couldn't put it down. Daemon with his sassy mouth and Katy not taking any of it drew me in and kept me hooked.

Katy has her own thoughts and her own ideals. She doesn't let anyone tell her that what she's doing is wrong without telling them to back off. It was refreshing to read a book with a girl in it that didn't need the boy to be happy. She didn't hang on his every word and she didn't need his approval to do anything. Also Katy loves books, she reads with a hunger that I can relate to.

Daemon wanted nothing to do with Katy. She was a problem an issue, not good for his family. She was beautiful but that wasn't going to stop him from pushing her away. Finally after fighting it he just had to give in and accept that Katy was there to stay and he was attracted to her.

The funny thing is that they (Daemon and Dee) thought that they were hiding their secret well. Katy wasn't stupid and knew something was off with them. Never did she think they were aliens. If you've not read this series then you really should. I mean seriously they sucked me in and kept me looking for my next fix of Daemon and Katy.


No comments:

Post a Comment