Thursday, September 11, 2014

Onyx (Lux #2)

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…



Amanda's Review

Ok, I loved the first one and I have to admit I didn't want to read them because hello I don't read alien books but I had to cause once again the BFF told me to and I'm learning to listen, albeit slowly. This book picks right up where Obsidian left off which is nice to not have to go through some sort of memory lane type stuff. I was lucky enough to read them all in one group so I fell right in to step with the books. 

Katy is learning more about her powers, what she can do and all that. Daemon is still snarky and hot, I mean dur. Then the DOD start coming out of the wood work more and Katy is afraid they're coming after her and Daemon and Dee. 

Daemon and Katy together is just natural to me so when the new guy Blake starts nosing around I wasn't happy at all. I didn't care for Katy and her wishy washy attitude toward Daemon. It was very teenager-ish but I mean she is a teenager so it was expected.

Just remember that the titles are all parts of the books. I really don't want to tell you because it could give things away and you need to experience all of these books without being tainted. 

Being able to read them all at once and not have to wait was a huge advantage because the cliffies in these books killed me!!  All in all this was a 5 star book that I inhaled. There is tons of sexual tension but it is a YA book so its to be expected. When he calls her Kitten though.. WHEW! If you haven't read these I don't know what you're waiting for! GOOOOOO 


J's Review


This is the second in a series of books. At the end of the first book, we find that Katy is developing powers. Why? What is she?

Daemon and Katy are giving into their desires. They no longer fight each other. (usually)

Blake. This guy, at first seems like a nice guy. However, something inside me told me not to trust him.

The DOD, the government, is around now. Nosing and questioning.

Opal, what does it have to with the story. Obsidian was cleverly used in the last book and Opal is just as clever.

This book is setting the stage for what is to come. The sexual tension starts to build and you really want to scream at Katy and Daemon.

If you think that this series is like any other YA novels, I have to disagree.

The end of this book made me want to scream. There is something huge that happens at the end that will leave you begging for the next book.

I was shocked. Good thing was, I got to go right to the next book!

No comments:

Post a Comment