Sunday, September 21, 2014

Origin (Lux #4)

Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?



J's Review


First of all. Look up at that cover. I'll admit it. He's hot! Admit it!

Okay, so this book is all sorts of messed up!

We see the torture that Katy undergoes. The DOD shows their cards very vividly. We see how they use Opal to control the Lux.

Katy, being a hybrid, must be tested. They must see that she is stable. Every other hybrid that we have seen has exploded. The DOD must make sure she is okay.

Blake? You ask. Yea, he gets his. However, you might not like how.

Dawson and his girl are free. Katy is trapped and Daemon makes his plan to get captured. Little does he know, that this is exactly what they want. Why? Well, one of the biggest secrets in the story is the Origin project. Sure, it was discovered by accident, but once the DOD realizes it's potential, they will do anything to progress. Of course, you want me to tell you what is going on. I'm not.

There is a new character. Archer that I really grew to love. Trust me, you will too.

What are the Origins? I will give you one hint. Think of Luc and why is he so different. Well, I gave a big hint there didn't I?

One last thought.....

The DOD believes the Lux are coming to take over the world. That they are the reason the Arum are fighting and why their world's were destroyed. Is this true? Of course I know the answer. Trust me, make sure you have the final book in the series before you get to the ending of this one!

See ya soon!

J

Amanda's Review

You know what I really love about these books?? Its so awesome to pick up the next book in a series and it start right where the one before left off. 

In this one we start off with Daemon waking up and wondering where he is and if Katy was really captured. This is the first time we get Daemon's POV and I have to say I really enjoy it.

Now Daemon knows what his brother went through and he's not taking it lying down. He's going to get Katy back if its the last thing he does.

I enjoy waiting and watching for the title of the book to show up and be explained and this one is a doozy. I think I'll leave it as a secret, well as much as a secret as I can since J opened his big mouth up there. *eye roll*

Archer is an interesting character and I'm really digging Luc and his bigger role in this book. Blake is still around but not for long and I'm glad. 

This series is so freaking good and I agree with J, have the next book ready to read so that you don't have to wait!!  Leave love for the author, she deserves it. They're that good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment