Thursday, July 14, 2016

Searching for Harmony

This review could contain spoilers!!! 

Searching for Harmony by Kelly Elliott

Firefighter and first responder Preston Ward thought he had grown immune to the job’s emotional burns. But when he goes out on a particularly tragic call, he realizes that some scenes are too devastating to forget. And yet, if it weren’t for that terrible night, he never would have met the woman who makes him want to risk his heart.

More than once, Harmony Banks has watched her perfectly ordered world torn apart by fate. Now she’s finding out that what she lost wasn’t as perfect as she thought—and it’s tearingher apart. The only thing that keeps her going is the kindness of a stranger: the firefighter who saved her life the night everything changed.

Preston isn’t like the men who have come before. For one thing, he’s far more genuine. And the love Harmony feels growing between them is almost too intense for her wounded soul. But if she and Preston can push past heartbreak, they’ll find that something incredible awaits in each other’s arms.**

Thanks to Random House Loveswept and NetGalley for the book in exchange for a honest review.

This review could contain spoilers.

When I read the blurb for this book I was intrigued and then I read the first chapter and I was sad and wondering what I'd gotten in to. I will warn you there is some hard things to deal with in this story. Lots of grief and sadness to wade through before you get to the happy. It's worth it though.

Life is hard sometimes and the choices you make set the path you're on. Sometimes the chosen path is the happiest or just is. Harmony loves her baby, and loves her husband. Sure it's hard being so young and having to be so responsible, but you do what you need to for the things you want and love in life. An accident can change everything in a second and then what are you living for. What do you do when all you've wanted to live for is gone. Harmony has to learn all of that, she has to navigate her life in immense sadness.

Preston is involved in Harmony's life because he was there the day her life changed forever. Something about her calls to him. He wants to be her friend, he wants more too but for now he'll settle for friendship.  Right now he just wants to make her smile. He wants her to feel better. Even if it's a giant leap from where she is, he's willing to get there.

I can't imagine how Harmony at the age of 20 dealt with all the things thrown in her path but I was in awe of how she did. I didn't love the way she acted sometimes but that is an age thing that I'm sure will change. I really liked Preston. He was sweet but I was worried that he was attached to Harmony for very wrong reasons. I'm still not entirely sure that his feelings were as pure as they seemed. I enjoyed the story, I really liked the characters. All of Preston's family were funny and warm. I hope you enjoy it, leave a review to show your thanks to the author!

**Goodreads summary

No comments:

Post a Comment