Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Sweetness

Sweetness by Sierra Hill

I’m the girl from the school of hard knocks.

Nothing has ever come easy for me. So forgive me if I’m a bit reluctant about Kincaid Griffin – born-with-a-silver-spoon in his mouth, conceited college hoops player. A guy who could get any girl he wants, and yet, is suddenly everywhere I am trying to woo me. The more I protest, the more persistent he becomes.

I’m a lucky bastard.

Let’s face it. As a college athlete, I don’t chase girls – they come to me. I’m as arrogant and cocky as they come, getting nearly everything I want, whenever I want. But there is nothing sweeter than a girl who plays hard to get. And Ainsley Locker is so full of confidence that she knocks me off my feet from the moment I meet her. She’s a challenge. And I like challenges. So I go full-court press to win her over.

But when a stupid mistake turns viral, slam dunking all over my life in a media frenzy, my spot on the team may be in jeopardy, along with my shot at winning the girl.**

Thanks to the author for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for a honest review!

I had a hard time getting into this book and I think it has to do with Cade. He started out arrogant and just awful. I was like ew I hope he doesn't end up with Ainsley, she already as a hard life.

Ainsley deals with a lot in her daily life the addition of a boy that may not be worth it would mess things up. She has a bi-polar addict mother and a little sister she's always there for. She works two jobs and goes to school. Cade is a complication but she can't help but want to be with him. He's charming and relentless. In the end she decides to take this one thing for herself. She even starts feeling like her life might be becoming the life of a normal college student.

Cade has made some mistakes recently. Stupid mistakes but he's ready to move forward and have a great senior year. He sees Ainsley and he's instantly attracted to her but she won't give him the time of day. He's utterly shocked by this, everyone likes him. Girls flock to him but its not the way Ainsley acts. She's older than her years and he wants to be in her orbit. He finally wears her down and is happy to be one of those guys, that's in a relationship and takes heart in the way they interact.  She pushes him away quite often but he's able to get her to come back to him.

Like I said I did NOT like Cade at first, he was arrogant and a prick.  Slowly he started to change and grow. Everyone has to at some point or other. Life makes you, people change you and that's what happened with Cade. Mistakes changed him and made him into a better man. His relationship with Ainsley made him better. Ainsley was messed up, even after the relationship with Cade started. She watched her mother go through ups and downs, men and moves. She was trying to get a career so that her life wasn't as messed up as her mothers. She didn't trust easily and wasn't planning on trusting anyone ever. Cade broke down her walls but it took a TON of time. In the end I enjoyed this book, I loved the side characters and hope to see them in future books. Check this author's work out its good!! Also leave her a review, it shows your support and that you care!

**Goodreads summary

No comments:

Post a Comment