Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Upside to Being Single



If anyone asks, I knew better than to flash my boobs for Mardi Gras beads.

I still don’t know why I did it.
Maybe it was the dare from my two best friends.
Maybe it was the guys on the balcony saying they’d throw Fireball shots with the beads.
Or maybe it was the quiet guy in the corner of that same balcony with piercing gray eyes, wavy dark hair, and a smile so tempting I wanted to climb up there and lick it off his face.
Maybe it was because I never thought I’d see them again.
Not that it matters. Not today.
Because the hotel I manage was finally bought—and the guy who walks in and introduces himself as my new boss is Mr. Tall, Dark, and Silent.

There are many upsides to being single.
Your new boss knowing what your boobs look like?
Not one of them.**

I was scrolling through Facebook and saw a post from a blog I follow, I know this will sound horrible but I don't remember which one, anyway I saw them pimping out this book and I read the synopsis and I went and preordered it. It was just a few days before the book actually came out but I have a bad memory and I would have forgotten about it. I'm so glad I found it and that I preordered it.

I thought this book was funny and had a sexy edge to it. The characters are all grown, gainfully employed and know how to have fun. I read a lot of billionaires in books and it was refreshing that while Jake had money he didn't throw it around, he bought the hotel to fulfill the stipulation into getting his inheritance.

Millie was extremely clumsy, almost to the point where it was unbelievable. She also had a short temper when it came to Jake. I get that she is flustered and frustrated by him but he's her boss and she kind of treated him like he was her employee. I enjoyed the banter and fits they had between them. It was almost like foreplay for them. All in all, it was a book that made me laugh and I read it and enjoyed it.  I look forward to reading her gal pal's stories in the coming books.

**Goodreads summary

No comments:

Post a Comment