Thursday, July 11, 2019

Explaining our absence

Many of you may know or you may not. In October of 2018, my husband J was diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic Esophageal cancer. He fought hard, we all fought hard but he lost his battle in February.

I haven't been in the mood to read more than a few pages of books and I let everything just go. I haven't signed up for any tours or reviews. I have a few books that have been sent to me by the authors that I need to put reviews up but they knew what my situation was and so they just wanted me to have the books because I am a fan and maybe so I could have an escape from my new reality.

Life is hard. PLEASE, if you have chronic heartburn get it checked. In all honesty, we thought we were taking care of it but clearly, we weren't watching it as closely as we should. Heartburn doesn't always lead to esophageal cancer but it can. It's always better to be safe than sorry and esophageal cancer is a silent killer. My husband was 38 years old.  We had plans, we were getting ready for our son to graduate and then we would be "empty nesters". We wouldn't have to worry about him if we wanted to go somewhere for our anniversary. It's all gone. All of those plans are null now.

Hug your loved ones and tell them how much they mean to you. I am lucky though, I had time to tell him over and over how much I loved him and we said everything we needed to say. I also have our son, he is a mini version of J.

I'll be trying to get things back on track but please be patient with me as I start getting back to doing this regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment