Saturday, December 14, 2013

The Gift






Doren was born with a powerful gift—a gift he's managed to use to put him well on his way to becoming a star. But there is more to that gift than just musical talent, and as careful as Doren is to hide that fact, there are some who know of the power behind the sound, and all the ways they could abuse it.

August's goal in life is simple: make an impact in the music industry. An opportunity to work as the personal assistant to Doren seems to be exactly the kind of break he needs to accomplish that goal.

But all too often in life, simple becomes just another complication, especially when there are people whose goal is even simpler: destroy and dominate.


I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review. I want to start out by telling you that this book was like nothing that I expected. What started out as a cute, yet predictable budding love story turned into something unexpected. 

We are introduced to Doren. He is a rock start and as most of these stories go, drop dead gorgeous. He has signed a contract with a record company that is ran by an evil narcissistic man that will stop at nothing to keep Doren under his control. 

Part of Doren's contract was the ability to chose an assistant to only work for him and not the company. 

From the very beginning these two are drawn to each other. August, trying to remain professional and Doren trying to get into his pants. 

You read through the book. Drawn into the little love story that was developing and then BAM you are thrown a curve ball. 

The people you know in this book are not what you seem. I do not want to ruin anything for you so I will tell you no more. 

However, this is a nice story that let me wanting more at the end. There were a few issue I had with the book. 

First, the sex scenes needed to be more. Maybe the author wanted a little ambiguity in there, but I as a reader wanted more descriptions.

Second, there are several unanswered questions that were left unanswered in my mind. There is one character in the book that I need answers from. Why did this person chose to protect Doren his whole life? There were some hints given, but I think that this character could use development. 

Third, Obviously there is a good ending. We are left with a yearning of more. I need more of their story. 


Overall, a cute, and very good read. There is a lot of potential not only with August and Doren, but the rest of the minor characters as well. The author does do a great job of surprising us. There are a few mouth opening revelations in this story. 

The reason I am not telling you names, ect. is by doing so, I would spoil so much of the goodness in this story. 

I hope you give this a shot and I thank NetGalley for allowing me this opportunity. 

Rating:

   
Until Next Time, 


  


No comments:

Post a Comment