Thursday, December 19, 2013

Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files #8)




There's no love lost between Harry Dresden, the only wizard in the Chicago phone book, and the White Council of Wizards, who find him brash and undisciplined. But war with the vampires has thinned their ranks, so the Council has drafted Harry as a Warden and assigned him to look into rumors of black magic in the Windy City.

As Harry adjusts to his new role, another problem arrives in the form of the tattooed and pierced daughter of an old friend, all grown-up and already in trouble. Her boyfriend is the only suspect in what looks like a supernatural assault straight out of a horror film. Malevolent entities that feed on fear are loose in Chicago, but it's all in a day's work for a wizard, his faithful dog, and a talking skull named Bob....



There are not enough good things that I can say about this book and series. Most of the reviews for this series I have written have portrayed me as a fan boy. Well, what can I say? I am!!!

Harry now a Warden gets his first experience of what happens when someone breaks one of the laws of magic. Right after, one of the council asks Harry to look into the recent dark magic developments in Chicago. 

This one request spirals Harry down a road that leaves him with his mouth wide open at the end of the book with a revelation that I have suspected for the past couple books.

In this book we get...

1. Michael is back and we learn some very good and interesting facts about Molly and Charity. 
2. We get an inside look into the world of the Fey. We get to journey to Artics Tor, the capital of Winter. 
3. The Ladies of the Fey have a secret.....What can it be. 
4. We see Harry's godmother and the Winter Night again. 
5. Harry gets an apprentice. 
6. The war with the Reds is still bad. 
7. Oh Mab....that is all. 
8. A new villain that takes the form of fear itself and manifests itself into the human world and kills. 

Oh...I am all dreamy and stuff now.....

Amazing...absolutely amazing!

Quotes,

“A bolt of warmth, fierce with joy and pride and gratitude, flashed through me like sudden lightning. I don’t care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching—they are your family. And they were my heroes.” 


“Life can be confusing. Good God, and how. Sometimes it seems like the older I get, the more confused I become. That seems ass-backwards. I thought I was supposed to be getting wiser. Instead, I just keep getting hit over the head with my relative insignificance in the greater scheme of the universe. Confusing, life. But it beats the hell out of the alternative.”


Rating 




Until Next Time, 





No comments:

Post a Comment