Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles #3)


Beautiful Chaos By Kami Garcia:

Ethan Wate thought he was getting used to the strange, impossible events happening in Gatlin, his small Southern town. But now that Ethan and Lena have returned home, strange and impossible have taken on new meanings. Swarms of locusts, record-breaking heat, and devastating storms ravage Gatlin as Ethan and Lena struggle to understand the impact of Lena's Claiming. Even Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals is affected - and their abilities begin to dangerously misfire. As time passes, one question becomes clear: What — or who — will need to be sacrificed to save Gatlin?

For Ethan, the chaos is a frightening but welcome distraction. He's being haunted in his dreams again, but this time it isn't by Lena - and whatever is haunting him is following him out of his dreams and into his everyday life. Even worse, Ethan is gradually losing pieces of himself — forgetting names, phone numbers, even memories. He doesn't know why, and most days he's too afraid to ask.

Sometimes there isn't just one answer or one choice. Sometimes there's no going back. And this time there won't be a happy ending.


OKOKOKOKOK Where the hell to begin. Let's start off by saying that I LOVE AUDIO BOOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Listing to the torment and disaster in this book was amazing. So much so, that I was almost in tears this evening as I pulled into my driveway as I finished the last word...."LENA!!!!!" 


Kami weaves an amazing little story here. Finally, she has moved away from all the butterflies and rainbows with Lena and Ethan. A-N-G-S-T!!

Here the summary of this book. I am trying not to spoil it. Everything is different since Lena claimed herself for the light and the dark. 

1. Link is well very different! 
2, Amma realizes very quickly what is going on and tries something very drastic to prevent the wheel of fate from crushing them all. 
3. Ethan is coming into his role as a wayward. 
4. Lena finally has to face her darkest fear. Let me tell you the battle scene between Lena and her mother was EPIC! 
5. Macon...is....well...special, I guess is the word I will use. I will not tell you about him! Macon might be my new favorite caster.
6. Where is John Breed? Well...we find out!
7. The Keeper of the Western Keep....The price will be paid...(There is a hint) 
8. There are a lot of questions that you will have at the end. 



The ending of the book was predictable, even though Kami tried to spin it a several times, I knew what was going to happen and it still KILLED me when it happened. I kept looking at my Iphone, wishing that the time left was wrong! I must and will move onto the next book!



Until next time. 





2 comments:

  1. Loved this review (even though I haven't read the book lol) but now I WANT to read this book!! Thanks, Jay! Your reviews always make me smile :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee you will love it! Ignore the little bit on New Mooning that happens but overall an amazing series... :)BTW>>>>Had to pull out the Justin gif lol :)

      Delete