Monday, February 15, 2016

Strong Signal (M/M)


Strong Signal by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassell

I was counting down the months until the end of my deployment. My days were spent working on military vehicles, and I spent my nights playing video games that would distract me until I could leave Staff Sergeant Garrett Reid behind.

That was when I met him: Kai Bannon, a fellow gamer with a famous stream channel.

I never expected to become fixated on someone who'd initially been a rival. And I'd never expected someone who oozed charm to notice me—a guy known for his brutal honesty and scowl. I hadn't planned for our online friendship to turn into something that kept me up at night—hours of chatting evolving into filthy webcam sessions.

But it did. And now I can't stop thinking about him. In my mind, our real life meeting is perfect. We kiss, we fall into bed, and it's love at first sight.

Except, like most things in my life, it doesn't go as planned.

*Strong Signal is a standalone, full-length novel with no cliffhanger*


Let me start out by saying that I am so happy that this is a series.  Secondly, a big shout out to the authors for allowing me to read this book! I hope I get the honor in reading the rest of the series as it is written. 

Most love stories, there is an effort for everything to work out in the end. Even though we are left with a sense of completion in this story, I know there is more trials to come for these two.

Rarely, is there a set of characters that I consider close to me. These two fit the bill. You cannot help but feel for them. 

Garrett is deployed and is facing something that is very public today. He is a gay man serving in the military. Kai, on the other hand, is a recluse. A social nightmare, hiding in his apartment from reality. 

How can these two meet? Kai and Garrett share a past time. Their love of gaming bring these two together. Both men compliment each other and they quickly realize that they are drawn to each other on a primal level. 

What starts as a display of gaming dominance, leads to a relationship that spans oceans. 

Sure, long distance is good. You can hide from reality, separated from each other by a screen and the digital highway. However, how will each of them respond when they meet?

We are taken on a journey of acceptance and a budding love that will leave you satisfied and wanting more. 

Finally, a story that is based in reality. Everything in this story can happen today! 

Great, hot read! You will not be disappointed. 

Rating:


Until Next Time, 

J


No comments:

Post a Comment