Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Grimm Diaries Prequels volume 15 - 18: Snow White Black Swan, The Pumpkin Piper, Prince of Puppets, The Sleeping Swan (The Grimm Diaries Prequels #15-18)




4 new Prequels in the Grimm Diaries.

The latest bundle of prequels in the Grimm Diaries reveals great secrets and contain the following diaries:

1) Snow White Black Swan
narrated by the Queen of Sorrow
2) The Pumpkin Piper
narrated by Jack Madly
3) Prince of Puppets
narrated by Pinocchio
4) The Sleeping Swan
narrated by Angel Von Sorrow


Where to start.  

Snow White Black Swan shows us the language of the Queen. So proper and prim. She tells us the story of how the Kingdom of Sorrow is created. We also see more on the birth of Snow White and how the decision that Camilla tore her soul to shreds. 


The Pumpkin Piper- Gives us the origins of Peter Pan. Cameron gives me a new meaning of the term "Lost Boys". 

The Prince of Puppets-This was the story of how the Devil is Pinocchio and his journey to avoid the Dreamhunters and find a way to get out of the body of the puppet. We see how he finds Hook, and who Hook really is. Finally, enter the Piper and the Lost Seven....BTW, we see a little more of this group in Snow White Black Swan. The Piper Chronicles are looking more and more interesting as I go. 

The Sleeping Swan, shows us the decision that Camilla had to make before and how Angel makes a decision out of love and I cannot help but wonder if this decision will haunt us later. Who am I fooling? Of course it will? 


Overall impression: 

First, the stories were good. Pinocchio's story was riddled with mistakes, that caused me to pause in my reading. Maybe it was my addition I bought as the other three were seamless in their delivery. 

Second, Pinocchio's story seemed rushed. I know Cameron wanted to get his story out, but it feels like a stretch. 

Camilla's story is what shocked me. Clever little twist that hooked right into the end of the books. Peter Pan, I liked in the other prequels, however his battle with the Piper was over matched. When is the Red Death going to get him? 

Finally, I hope the author does not bring in too many plot points to where, we as readers are confused or put off. 

Rating: 





Until Next Time, 





   

No comments:

Post a Comment