Thursday, June 16, 2016

Winter

Winter by Marissa Meyer

When Princess Winter was thirteen, the rumor around the Lunar court was that her glamour would soon be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana. In a fit of jealousy, Levana disfigured Winter. Four years later, Winter has sworn off the use of her glamour altogether. Despite her scars, Winter’s natural beauty, her grace, and her gentleness are winning admiration from the Lunar people that no amount of mind-control could achieve.

Winter despises her stepmother, but has never dreamed of standing up to her. That is, until she realizes that she may be the only one with the power to confront the queen.

Can Cinder, Prince Kai, Scarlet, Wolf, Cress, Thorne, Princess Winter, and the palace guard Jacin find their happily ever afters? Fans will LOVE this amazing conclusion to the series. **

I ran through these books like a kid at a playground. I couldn't wait to read the next one as soon as I was finished with the first. I wish that this had been an easy book to read. I wish that some of the things that were in it weren't but they were so I read it.. All 800 plus pages of it. It took me longer then I expected because I felt like some things could have been left out. While that is all true I loved the story and the ending.

This is Winters book, she is nutty, like straight up crazy. Her guard Jacin, we've met him before in another of the series, he loves her and he would do anything to keep her safe. Even come back to the place he basically escaped from to make sure she was taken care of.  While Winter isn't all there sometimes, she has moments of normalcy.

All the while you get to see the story of Cinder progress. She's still fighting with Cress and Thorne, teaching the citizens of Luna how to rise up against Levana.

So much and I mean a shit ton of stuff goes on in this book. I really don't want to give it all away in this review. Its such a good series and its the best and most ingenious way of retelling Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzle and Snow White I've ever read. I loved escaping into a different and modern world. If you've read it what do you thing of this book or series?

**Goodreads summary

No comments:

Post a Comment