Friday, August 24, 2012

Lessons Learned



I was excited to read Lessons Learned just from reading the summary for the book. Little did I
know that I would be taken on an incredible journey. Sarah moves home to the home she lived in
with her grandmother after her parents died. Deciding that things need to be fixed up she heads
to the hardware store to look for paint. Hiring Lucas to paint her house was the best thing she
could ever do. Not only was he the other new teacher at the high school, he was an answer to
need that she didn’t realize she needed. Sarah knows her fair share of tragedy and sadness,
Lucas helps her work through that to find that she does indeed deserve happiness and love.
I enjoyed watching Sarah get her footing in a new school and getting back up on the horse so to
speak with love.  Her interactions with the students, made me wish I had an English teacher like
her when I was in school.  Sarah showed was brave and stood up for a particular student that
was being treated like he was unworthy because he was different that what the town deemed
‘normal’
This was a book that I couldn’t put down and it made me feel like I was right there in the book
with the characters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment