Monday, May 26, 2014

An Imperfect Witch

An Imperfect Witch by Debora Geary

The tattoos on your heart matter more than the ones on your skin.

Two years ago, Lizard Monroe was Berkeley's newest delinquent on parole. Now she's a hot young realtor with a great life, an awesome guy, and enough friends to chase away the ghosts of her past.

Almost.

The crystal ball has spoken - life isn't done messing with her yet. And neither is the need brewing in the eyes of the man she loves.

The eve of Halloween approaches. And whatever the sexy poet realtor wants to believe, moving beyond your past isn't the same as facing the future.

I was so glad to return to Witch Central. I've missed the characters. They've imprinted on my heart and its like visiting an old set of friends. This time we get to hear more about Lizard. She doesn't like any attention on her so when things start crumbling in her own life, her first instinct is to run as far and as fast as she can. Josh, her hunky boyfriend wants it all with her, the people she helps on the street treat her like she's an outsider when she feels she has more in common with them than the people in Witch Central, oh and theres a runaway living in a house she's trying to sell. 

It was nice seeing inside Lizards head and to be able to understand what she thought. These books are so easy to read and I love the sense I get from them. It's no secret I love the idea of magic. I love the idea of there being something so amazing. I truly hope the author writes more and more about Witch Central. It's a beautiful place that I love being able to visit every so often. Check out A Modern Witch Series before this set of books, you'll want to meet them all from the beginning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment