Thursday, October 30, 2014

What Were You Expecting?



Nils Lindstrom and Maggie Campbell have been circling each other for years. A strong attraction simmers between them, and their hearts beat only for each other. But a tragic secret keeps them apart.

Out of the blue, Maggie learns her U.S. visa has expired and she’ll be deported. Nils offers marriage under the guise of a favor, but only if they can just remain friends. Despite the whisperings of his heart, falling in love again is a risk he won’t take. Yet, regardless of how it begins, marriage can take on a life of its own—and true love is more powerful than either Maggie or Nils ever expected.**

First off let me say, I am so sad that this is the last book in the Heart of Montana series.. If you haven't read the others you'll want to read them first because there are things that won't make sense if you don't. Go on, click on that link up there ^^ and add them to your good reads list. I'll wait... .... *waiting*.... *looks at you* Did you do it? I know you will LOVE them. 

I have been waiting for Nils and Maggie's story for it seems like forever and I can say with all certainty it was well worth it. You get glimpses of them in all of the other books but you just see the outside. You don't get to see why Nils fights so hard to love Maggie. His secret is something he's carried since he was eighteen years old, something that he promised he would never let happen again. Loving Maggie was easy, she was a great friend but he couldn't let himself actually love LOVE her. One night though, he walks her home after shes been in her cups, shes drunk as a skunk and thinks he's Paul. The things she says hit him straight in the gut. He needs to bed me or wed me.  In truth it scares him so much that he hopes she won't remember any of it. Then she really needs him and he's always going to be there for her, won't he; can he?

Maggie has loved Nils for so long she just doesn't know how not to. She thinks he has feeling for her but he won't let himself do anything. When she needs help he's always there, he fixes things and helps out around the coffee shop she owns. One day when he's there she needs help reaching some mail that's fallen behind the counter. One of the letters is from immigration, her visa has expired and she didn't even realize that it had. She called a lawyer and Nils offered to go with her to find out what her options were. While there Beck tells her he's not sure she'll be able to stay, the best way for her to stay would be to marry a U.S. citizen. She knows that Nils is the one she wants to marry, but will he be there to rescue her again?

I loved seeing Nils work through things, it was real. He didn't just flip the script and was all I Love you lets get married and have babies. He had a past that was scary and sad to him, he had to learn to love Maggie like a wife. Maggie needed to get Nils to open up to her. I just can't say how much I enjoyed reading this one. Once I picked it up I only put it down to do menial things like make dinner for my family and *cough* other things lol! Go and check out the Heart of Montana series. You'll love meeting the Lindstroms and all the others connected to them. I'll just be over here waiting for you to come back and tell me what you thought. *waiting*

**Goodreads summary*

No comments:

Post a Comment