Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Make It Count

Make it Count by Megan Erickson


Kat Caruso wishes her brain had a return policy, or at least a complaint hot-line. The defective organ is constantly distracted, terrible at statistics, and absolutely flooded with inappropriate thoughts about her boyfriend’s gorgeous best friend, Alec…who just so happens to be her brand new math tutor. Who knew nerd was so hot?

Kat usually goes through tutors like she does boyfriends—both always seem to bail when they realize how hopeless she is. It’s safer for her heart to keep everyone at arm’s reach. But Alec is always stepping just a little too close.

Alec Stone should not be fantasizing about Kat. She’s adorable, unbelievably witty, and completely off limits. He’d never stab his best friend in the back…

But when secrets are revealed, the lines of loyalty are blurred. To make it count, Alec must learn messy human emotions can’t be solved like a trigonometry function. And Kat has to trust Alec may be the first guy to want her for who she is, and not in spite of it.**

I have wanted to read this book since it came out but you know what happens; you have a list of books you want to read and then another one comes out and before you know it your list is a mile long and they are all ones you want to read. I FINALLY remembered that I wanted to read this set of three books and I did... In three days. I couldn't stop. I LOVED them all.

Kat is quirky. She works hard at school but it seems like it doesn't get her anywhere. She feels like shes dumb and now her almost worst nightmare is happening. Her boyfriend's roommate, Alec is her new tutor. She's embarrassed and she wants to just run but Alec won't let her run away. Besides being embarrassed about him being her tutor, she's also started having feelings toward him. She has wondered what it would be like to be with him and not Max, her boyfriend. She doesn't think he wants anything to do with her though because she's not smart.

Alec knew Kat through Max, his roommate and best friend since he was a kid. He knew that something was different about her, she wasn't the usual bimbo that Max dated. When he goes to the library to meet with a new student to tutor he never expected it would be Kat. He also never expected that he would start being attracted to her. Not that she wasn't attractive, she was just off limits; but his brain wasn't getting the memo on that one. He notices that Kat has a hard time studying, more so than any student he's tutored before. How can he convince her though that she needs help and he doesn't she's dumb and that he wants to be with her, not fix her.

Like I said before, I've been wanting to read this since it came out and I am so so glad that I did. I loved Alec and his style, being who he was and not worrying about what anyone thought. It was a story line I'd read before but it was written in a way that I didn't care and I inhaled it. I loved how concerned Alec was about Kat. Kat's parents were a bit off. Why wouldn't you get your kid help? I understand they were worried that she would be even more of an outsider on top of being an immigrant. Once Kat thought about all the info she received she stood up to her parents and I was proud of her. I don't want to give away too much but if you're looking for something you can get lost in and enjoy this is the book! Leave the author love and then dive in to the next book!

**Goodreads Summary



No comments:

Post a Comment