Thursday, May 26, 2016

Dorothy Must Die


I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to be some kind of hero.

But when your whole life gets swept up by a tornado - taking you with it - you have no choice but to go along, you know?

Sure, I've read the books. I've seen the movies. I know the song about the rainbow and the happy little bluebirds. But I never expected Oz to look like this. To be a place where Good Witches can't be trusted, Wicked Witches may just be the good guys, and winged monkeys can be executed for acts of rebellion. There's still a yellow brick road - but even that's crumbling.

What happened? Dorothy.

They say she found a way to come back to Oz. They say she seized power and the power went to her head. And now no one is safe.

My name is Amy Gumm - and I'm the other girl from Kansas.

I've been recruited by the Revolutionary Order of the Wicked.

I've been trained to fight.



I was hesitant to read this book. How twisted can an author make the Wizard of Oz? Apparently, pretty twisted.

Enter Amy, a girl from Kansas that was an outcast in society, and a strange boy that meets Amy when she lands in Oz. Right from the start, she realizes that this is not the Oz that she had read about.

Along comes a band of characters that we know. Dorothy, now a hyper sexualized with. Glinda, the not so good witch. The Scarecrow, twisted and demented scientist. The Lion, ruler of the beasts and devour of fear. Last, the Tin Woodsman, a ruthless general with knives as fingers.

This is Oz now. Dorothy is obsessed with power and will not let anyone ruin her desire. Death and destruction abound!

Amy aligns with the Order. A group of three withes and a young man that are determined to stop Dorothy.

There only request of Amy? Simple, Dorothy must die and she is the one who needs to do it.

I smiled this entire book as it is right up my alley. Twisted, dark and yet a fun read.

Pick it up!

Rating:





Until next time,

J



No comments:

Post a Comment