Tuesday, May 24, 2016

STORM BORN and DAMNATION'S DOOR Spotlight




Welcome Amy Braun to Chill Reviews! We're going to spotlight Storm Born and Damnation's Door! 


A single night can change your life… for the worst.

It’s been a century since the last Centennial Storm, the calamitous phenomenon that covered the world in disasters– tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, tsunamis, and dust storms– caused not by nature, but by alien creatures from another realm. The Stormkind.

Ava Reid tries not to think about that night, when she was caught in a hurricane and brought face to face with one of the Stormkind, the man with a dagger, and the agony she felt when he stabbed her with a crystal blade. Yet as she and the rest of Florida’s citizens begin to rebuild their lives, Ava can’t help but notice strange things happening around her. Things she seems to be causing. The gusts of wind and sudden floods attract the attentions of a mysterious stranger who leaves her clues, and the deadlier men following her.

It isn’t long before Ava is swept up into a wild conspiracy, led by a secret society that knows the truth about the Stormkind– and what their enemies have planned for the world she loves. If she wishes to protect her friends and her family, Ava must harness her strange new abilities and become part of the Stormkind society. Because if she loses control, there will be no force strong enough to stop her…

Buy Links Storm Born

Demons are free. Angels are fallen. Hope is dying...

Constance Ramirez and her adopted sister, Andromeda, have stopped Lucifer’s plan– They have closed the Heaven Gate and kept the demons out. But their choice came with brutal consequences, and now every angel on earth is trapped in their mortal body.

All that remains is closing the Hell Gate and establishing a balance once and for all. That means returning to the city of Constance’s nightmares, which has become a haven for murderers and monsters. But even more dangerous than their hunt is that Andromeda’s powers and instincts are turning darker, and this time Constance doesn’t know how to protect her.

Constance is ready to fight for her life, but her enemies have plans she can’t begin to imagine, and they’re prepared to make her suffer...

Trust is lost and hearts are broken in the epic conclusion in Amy Braun’s Cursed trilogy. 

Damnation's Door
Amazon Kindle
Paperback
Kobo
Barnes & Noble
Nook
Goodreads
Smashwords


Here are the covers for book one and two that are before Damnation's Door 

Demon's Daughter

Bio

Amy is a Canadian urban fantasy and horror author. Her work revolves around monsters, magic, mythology, and mayhem. She started writing in her early teens, and never stopped. She loves building unique worlds filled with fun characters and intense action. She is the recipient of April Moon Books Editor Award for “author voice, world-building and general bad-assery,” and the One Book Two Standout Award in 2015 for her Cursed trilogy. She has been featured on various author blogs and publishing websites, and is an active member of the Writing GIAM and Weekend Writing Warrior communities. When she isn't writing, she's reading, watching movies, taking photos, gaming, and struggling with chocoholism and ice cream addiction.

Social Media


Interview

Q. Tell us about you. How do you write, absolute quiet or with music? Lots of research or just fun? Based on life or pure imagination?

A. Since writing is part of my daily routine (I make sure I can write for at least an hour a day), I commit to it. I write with music and a candle, then just let my creativity take over. Since almost all of my writing is some version of fantasy, I can write whatever I want. That isn't to say I don't do my research. I'm currently working on a Greek mythology series that requires a close knowledge of the traditional beasts and myths. That being said, if there's something I can't find or I think of another interesting scenario, I make it up. That's why I love writing so much. It's complete freedom to create whatever I want in a story. If I imagine it, I'll make it happen

Q. What is your book about? If you are highlighting a series, let us know.

A. Currently, I have two novels coming out. The first is a standalone called STORM BORN, and its an urban fantasy story set in an alternate world where every hundred years, a colossal storm called the Centennial strikes the whole world in a variety of ways– tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, dust storms, floods– with one crucial difference: These storms aren't created by nature, but by humanoid creatures called the Stormkind. The main character is a young woman who finds herself transformed in the Centennial, and falling into a wild conspiracy between secret societies and warriors bent on destruction.

The novel I'm releasing in June is called DAMNATION'S DOOR, and is the final novel in my CURSED trilogy. The novels are urban fantasy and follow a former drug enforcer as she runs with her adopted sister from not only her old cartel, but demons seeking to capture her sister for nefarious enemies.

Q. How did you get the idea for your book?

A.  My mind is an idea factory. I'm one of those people who can see the most random thing, and go off on a creative spree. With STORM BORN, I was looking for a story to write for National Novel Writing Month. I had a different idea, but it wasn't working for me. Then I came across a writing prompt about the Centennial on Pinterest. From there, the idea grew and grew until it became the novel that it is today. DAMNATION'S DOOR and CURSED in general were a little different. They've been a series almost five years in the making. I can't remember what I was thinking about, but for some reason I got the image of the main character (Constance) finding her adopted sister (Dro) in a forest in a patch of scorched earth. After that image came the questions– who were these girls? Why was Dro there? Why was the earth burned? Where would all of this lead? From there, I cycled through ideas until I settled on the current urban fantasy story. I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out in the end.

Q. What character has been your favorite to write so far? Why??
A. Hmm, this is a tricky one. I love all of my characters, both the ones I've written and the ones I will write in the future. If I had to choose, I think I would go with Constance. I love strong female characters who don't take crap from anyone, and she definitely fits the bill. I loved writing her comebacks, her fight scenes, and her vulnerable moments. She was a character who saw a lot of change, and bringing it out through the trilogy was one of my favourite experiences. The Constance in the first novel, DEMON'S DAUGHTER, is not the same Constance in DAMNATION'S DOOR. They're both tough fighters who are surly and loyal, but events and interactions changed how she views life. It was exciting to bring her story to a close, knowing how she's grown.

Q. Who is your favorite author?

A.  Oh my– there are so many, and all for different reasons! I love Rob Thurman, who was one of my first inspirations for tough urban fantasy stories with devoted siblings. I love Jennifer Estep and Jaye Wells for their ability to write wild action. I love Kevin Hearne for his talent at mixing mythology into urban fantasy. I love Michael J. Sullivan for his dialogue and writing style. I love Julie Kagawa and Elise Kova for the way they writes romance. I love Scott Sigler, Chuck Wendig, and Alexander Gordon Smith for the way they paint picturesque horror scenes and create suspense. I love Cassandra Clare for her gorgeous settings and world building. Reading is as much a part of my life and my day as writing. I draw inspiration from almost every book I read, and my only grievance is that there are too many books I want to read, and not enough time in my day to get to them all.

Q. Anything coming up in the future we should be looking for?

A. I've got multiple projects on the go. With CURSED wrapping up, I'm going to be focusing on the next novels and novellas in my steampunk-horror-fantasy series, DARK SKY. The sequel novel, MIDNIGHT SKY is coming out in August, followed by two prequel novellas, a short story, and the final novel in February. I'm also currently working on the edits for a Greek mythology/urban fantasy series called AREIOS BROTHERS, which revolves around two descendants of Ares getting a mission to find the weapons that will stop the gates of Tartarus from being opened. I'm a busy author, but I love what I do. It's my goal to have at least four novels a year published. As a fellow author once told me, "The more you write, the better you will do."

Thanks so much for stopping by Amy!! Don't forget to leave her some love in the form of a review! It's really the best way to say thank you to an author for sharing a part of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment