Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ugly Love

This review may contain SPOILERS

Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.

I was planning on reading this, just not as soon as it came out but I got a call from my friend and she was all, YOU HAVE TO READ THIS NOW! She had read it and needed someone to talk about it with. I mean when your friend calls and is so in love with a book she's begging you to read it, you do it.  I wasn't disappointed, at all. I've loved all of Colleen Hoover's books, I was expecting the same with this one and it surpassed my expectations. 

Tate is moving in with her brother Corbin, just until she gets her own place. It perfect really, he's a pilot and is gone a great deal of the time so there isn't a rush on her finding somewhere to live right away. After driving for six hours all she wants to do is get something to eat and go to bed. Just one little problem, well a big problem, a man is passed out leaning against Corbin's door. She calls Corbin and asks him what to do and after some craziness she finds out that the man is Miles, the next door neighbor. She gets him in the apartment and on the couch to sleep it off. She's attracted to him but with her in school and working she doesn't need the distraction.  He cries in his sleep and calls out for Rachel.. Yep, doesn't need that whole mess.

Miles doesn't let people in. He meets Tate after his night on the couch and he's not sure what's going on. She's beautiful and is making him want things he just won't let himself have. His life is not a normal 24 year olds life. He remember's her rubbing his head while he cried and her telling him everything will be alright. His past haunts him and it has such a powerful hold on him; and he lets it rule him. Starting this thing with Tate was probably the worst idea on the planet but he can't help it, he has to be with her and she agreed to his terms, no asking about his past and no expecting a future. They aren't friends so it won't mess up anything.

Slowly Tate sees changes in Miles. She agreed to his rules but she's having a hard time sticking to them because she's starting to feel for him.. Feel more than being his sex buddy. She desperately wants to know about his past but if she even hints at him opening up he shuts her down and shuts her out. Finally at her breaking point she explodes, and then leaves. She doesn't see him and she moves out. Then Miles talks to Cap.. CAP! I loved this guy. He's the doorman of the building and he's become Tate's friend. Cap tells Miles something that finally sinks in. 

“I know the thought of confronting your past terrifies you. It terrifies every man. But sometimes we don’t do it for ourselves. We do it for the people we love more than ourselves."

I know its not much and he said soooooo much more but really to share anymore than that with you would be giving away all the things. You really have to read this book. I couldn't put it down. I inhaled it with in a matter of hours and I texted my friend at all the spots that gave me chills, that made me laugh or want to cry. This book, THIS BOOK! It gives you all the feels. It makes you mad and happy, sad and joyous. You can't take my word for it, read it. Go on. I'll just be sitting here basking in this glorious story. What are you still doing here?!!?? GO READ IT. Then tell me, hell tell everyone what you think.  Leave a review for the author. I'll definitely be buying this book for my bookshelf. I'll leave you with this little bitty tidbit...


“Tate,” he whispers. “I miss you.”

Whoa.

I was absolutely not expecting to hear those three words, but they just became my new favorite words.

I and miss and you.

“Say it again, Miles.”

“I miss you, Tate,” he says immediately. “So much. And it’s not the first time. I’ve missed you every single day we weren’t together since the moment I met you.”



Go read it. I promise, you won't regret it. You will probably need tissues though.. I'm just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment