Wednesday, January 27, 2016

F*ck Love

F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher


Helena Conway has fallen in love.
Unwillingly. Unwittingly.
But not unprovoked.
Kit Isley is everything she’s not—unstructured, untethered,
and not even a little bit careful.
It could all be so beautiful … if he wasn’t dating her best friend.
Helena must defy her heart, do the right thing, and think of others.
Until she doesn’t.**

This was my first Tarryn Fisher book. I try to always listen to my bestie and read what she says and she told me this would be a book I'd love and she was right. 

You get drawn in right from the start. Helena and her friends are out to dinner, we meet Neil her boyfriend, Della and Kit.  Helena has been friends with Della since she was a teenager, they just are. I really wasn't impressed with Della and her friendship with Helena. It seemed very one sided, like Della used Helena nature to please or take care of someone. I really really didn't like Della at all.

One night Helena has a dream, a dream of the future that makes her look at Kit differently.  The dream shakes Helena so much that she can't keep things straight. It knocks her for a loop and it keeps her off balance for most of the book. She feels things that she shouldn't be feeling for Kit. I really don't want to say too much because I think this is a book that you have to experience all at once. Its so good that I think good is an inadequate word for it! When you read it, and you should, let me know what you think! As always leave the author love in the form of a review! 

**Goodreads summary

No comments:

Post a Comment