Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snow White Blood Red





Book description of Snow White Blood Red: A Grimm Diaries Prequel as told by the Snow White Queen:

I have always wondered why you never asked about my name. Was I so superficial to you? So stereotypical and mundane? Why did you treat me as if I were just the monster of the week? You know what I think? You never had the time to really hate me. You wanted to hate me, long before you even met me. You wanted to scrape my existence and avenge your childhood princess by laying all blame on me. What if they didn’t call me the Evil Queen, what if I told you the real story from my point of view instead of hers, would you ever think of me as an angel? Could I ever make you care? I know that deep inside of you, you adore me,but you’re just scared, afraid to admit how much you love the Snow White Queen.

This Grimm Diaries Prequels are a number of short books in the form of epistolary diary entries. The diaries are more of teasers for the upcoming series: The Grimm Diaries, allowing you to get a glimpse of what to expect of the series.



So this little story came across my eyes one day when a friend emailed me a summary. I am a BIG geek and I love this type of story. YA, supernatural, intense just enough to grab your attention. These books scream my name. 



 photo ScreamGif_zps4fa4a84f.gif


There is a lot of shit being spewed about this author and his potential plagiarism of another book. His using of Cassandra Clare's story. Let me tell you, every author gets inspiration from somewhere. This book is not a copy of Jace and Clary's story. I have read all the Mortal Instruments books and there is NO correlation that jumped out in my mind. With that said..onto my review. 



 photo Relievedgid_zps7647f850.gif

This story takes the POV of the Queen of Sorrow. We find out that she is the mother of Snow White and this is her story. We meet the Queen at the death bed of one of the Grimm brothers. 

Here, we are told that the fairy tale characters are immortal and can only be "killed" when they are in a dream state. Every fifty years, the fairy tales can be rewritten. As the Queen is telling her story, the time is now for the history to be retold. 

We are only givem a small fraction of Snow White's story. We see a mother's true love and her desire to ignore the obvious. She hides the fact that her daughter is a vampire until she attacks another prince. 

Yes folks, Snow White is a vampire!!!!! We have no idea how or why, but she is! 

 photo Vampiregif_zps437cb9fd.gif


"Mommy, he tastes yummy!" 

There are vague references to other historical characters as well. I am excited that these are short little prequels that are leading to a great series.

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment