When it comes to the magical ruling body known as the White Council, Harry keeps his nose clean and his head down. For years, the Council has held a death mark over Harry's head. He's still thought of as a black sheep by some;and as a sacrificial lamb by others. But none regard him with more suspicion and disdain than Morgan, a veteran Warden with a grudge against anyHe needone who bends the rules.
So when Morgan turns up asking for help, Harry isn't exactly eager to leap into action. Morgan has been accused of treason against the White Council;and there's only one final punishment for that crime. he's on the run, he wants his name cleared, and he needs someone with a knack for backing the underdog.
Now Harry must uncover a traitor within the Council, keep a less than agreeable Morgan under wraps, and avoid coming under scrutiny himself. And a single mistake may cost someone his head.
According to the author, the next book is the half way point in this series. Oh the webs and the damn questions that I have.
So, Morgan shows up being framed for the murder of a senior council member. He needs Harry to help clear his name. Even through all of his rigidity, Morgan has integrity. Harry helps nurse him back and they have about two days to get to the bottom of who is framing him.
Thus enters the Black Council. We saw one of the traitors in the last book. Now, we get to see who is manipulating the Council. Well, maybe one person. There are very clear innuendos that there are many many more.
1. An evil from Native American lore comes to town. This is one of the more gruesome monsters that I have read in this series.
2. The traitor in the council was controlling members by a very clever, yet simple means.
3. The Merlin does not like the idea of the Black Council. Anyone who speaks about it, will be tried for treason.
4. Enter the White Court. We get to see one of the villains from prior books and the plot she has is clever and very deadly.
5. Thomas...Dear Lord...Thomas...how is this going to work out?
6. Michael, we still do not know.
7. Someone dies....like dead dies.
8. A young relationship ends. So sad.....
9. That mysterious island and Harry. He forms a bond with the island. (not telling haha) and uses it to his benefit. One word...Demonreach.
Folks, this series is coming to a boiling point....So many unanswered questions. Yet, so many answered....Amazing job!!!!!!!
Until Next Time,