Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lover Revealed Black Dagger Brotherhood #4





In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York,
there's a deadly war raging between vampires and their
slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers
like no other - six vampire warriors, defenders of their
race. Now, an ally of the Black Dagger Brotherhood
will face the challenge of his life and the evil of the ages.

Butch O'Neal is a fighter by nature. A hard-living ex-homicide cop, he's the only human ever to be allowed in the inner circle of the Black Dagger Brotherhood. And he wants to go even deeper into the vampire world-to engage in the turf war with the lessers. His heart belongs to a female vampire, Marissa, an aristocratic beauty who's way out of his league. And if he can't have her, then at least he can fight side by side with the Brothers.

But fate curses him with the very thing he wants. When Butch sacrifices himself to save a civilian vampire from the slayers, he falls prey to the darkest force in the war. Left for dead, he's found by a miracle, and the Brotherhood calls on Marissa to bring him back, though even her love may not be enough to save him.


Okay, so I promised a good friend that I would finish this series especially with Blay and Quinn's story coming up.  

I will start off by telling you that I have a big issue with gooey.cheap sex scenes. I think that J.R.Ward fell into that trap in the first book or two. It is nice to see the words, "cock" and "dick" being used more. The fiction seems more realistic when authors stay away from stuff like, "throbbing man flesh".

As you can see I figured out how to edit the HTML codes and add GIF's SWEET!! Now, back to my review.

I had forgotten the raw emotion that J.R. can emulate with the written word. She has the ability to suck you in and leave you dry. I thought that Z's story was the best, however this one it kinda topping my list.

Here are some main summary points.

1. Butch is kidnapped by Mr. X and taken to the Omega. Here, he is implanted with one of his fingers, essentially making him a part of Butch. The wound is black and Butch's memory is scrubbed clean. He is then taken to the woods, where the Omega had hoped that the brothers would kill him. However, V shows up and heals him with his super power of white light, and takes him back to the compound. The entire plot line that surrounds Butch's ability that develops is amazing. He has the ability to absorb the lessers and prevent them from going back to the Omega. In theory  weakening the Omega. There is a scene later in the book where Wrath decides that Butch is going to be used as a weapon against the Omega.

2. The Homoerotic vibe in the book was great. I am a huge M/M fan and the relationship between Butch and V is hot. There is a hidden spark between them. The scene in the book when Butch and V are locked in an embrace; WOW, I wish they would have fucked right there. The descriptions that are used, one could tell there was a tangible tension in the air. Here is what I pictured in my head.


3. Havers and Marissa. I really do not like Havers. I picture him as the Hunchback of Notre Dame. He is sneaky and the way he treats his sister in this book is deplorable. I understand the reasons he felt this way, it still sucked.

4. Marissa and Butch. Their relationship and feelings were sometimes a little too much. There were a couple times when a wave a nausea hit me. Their overall progression was nice. The way she cared for him into the hospital to her complete and utter ignorance of sex was almost too much. Now, I have a question, "Does every man in these books have a monster cock?" Seriously, if something like the anacondas described in this series was coming towards me, I would cower away and hide. Never mind that there a deliberate action to tell us that his cock grew when he was turned.

5. The transition of Butch. I was very glad that this was not easy. The Scribe Virgin and the entire action of V's looking into Butch's past and the revelation of his lineage to Wrath was nice. Also, his new name Dehstroyer. AWESOME! Even though J.R.'s play on "H" in the names is sometimes comical.

6. I loved the back story with Butchs family. The revelation at the end with his mother and sister was totally unexpected. It made sense and now I need to know who is father was and how Wrath's family comes into play.

7. Rehvenge...there is something about him. I cannot wait to read his story. His desire to be with Marissa was nice, however there is something there.Wait until his little secret was revealed. Xhex, she is an interesting character that I am excited to read more about.

8. The undertone of sexism in this book was very evident. From Haver's actions all the way to Marissa's final , "fuck you!" to the counsel, which btw was amazing. It was nice to see the development of Marissa. She went from a timid little girl, to a warrior at the end. It was nice to see the ending of a lot of the earlier undertones in earlier books.

 


 photo Dd4p7_zps084d252f.gif



9. John, Qhuinn. Blay are a nice trio. I cannot wait thill Thorment comes back! Of course we all know the development of Qhuinn and Blay... 



Until next time,




5 comments:

  1. LOVED the review (and the added pics hehe) Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made mine, Jay! Now I'm all a-twitter (ha) with wanting Lover at Last to get here NOW! Only 63 more days O_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to get them done in the next 63 days. They have me hooked!

      Delete