Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lover Enshrined Black Dagger Brotherhood #6





Fiercely loyal to the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Phury has sacrificed himself for the good of the race, becoming the male responsible for keeping the Brotherhood's bloodlines alive. As Primale of the Chosen, he is obligated to father the sons and daughters who will ensure that the traditions of the race survive, and that there are warriors to fight those who want all vampires extinguished.

As his first mate, the Chosen Cormia wants to win not only his body, but his heart for herself. She is drawn to the noble responsibility behind the emotionally scarred male. But Phury has never allowed himself to know pleasure or joy. As the war with the Lessening Society grows grim, tragedy looms over the Brotherhood's mansion, and Phury must decide between duty and love....

Summary via Goodreads:


This book out of everyone that I have read, I was prepared not to like. In fact, I even disliked it and considered not reading anymore when Phury and the wizard were first fighting. I am glad, that my opinion quickly changed as this book this progressed, I was surprised as this is probably one of the most plot rich books to date. 

Where to start....


 photo ConfusedGIf_zps410f8f5e.gif


1. Phury and Cormia. This is a relationship that is perfect. There is an undeniable bond, however both are torn between duty and lust. Phury's transition in this book is one of arguing within is own mind to fully understanding and taking control of the Chosen, ultimately leading them toward a different destiny. His drug addiction is displayed vividly and the consequences it has on the entire group is vividly displayed. Their love, I feel is the hardest to develop and I loved it!!!!!! By the end of the story, I was totally invested in them. 

The Best part of the book is the secondary plot development.  

1. Lash-Perhaps the best villain in the series. From his origin story, to his untimely death and resurrection at the hands of the Omega, to his devastating murderous spree through the original families. I cannot wait until Jonathon gets his hands on him.

2. Jonathon. He develops into a man. He goes from a scared boy being assaulted by Lash in the locker room to a dominating man, staking his desire to Xhex in the bathroom of ZeroSum. 

3. Rehvenge-you get just a taste of his sympath world. You learn that he is being blackmailed by the princess of the sympaths and forced into sex, even if he enjoys it a little too. You see how he uses his power to dive into the mind of Z and a lesser. Just of glimpse...Enough to wet your mouth for the next book!!



4. The best part of this book in my mind is Qhuinn and Blay. Blay comes out that he is gay and he is in love with Qhuinn.

-Qhuinn is alone. He attacked Lash and that gave his family the perfect opportunity to disown him. He is quickly adopted into the BDB family as John's protector and we quickly see how is world is crashing.

-Folks, there is a kiss. Qhuinn doesn't want to admit it, but his wants Blay. I think it was quite possibly the hottest kiss in the series. I cannot WAIT until their book in March. :) Yes, I will finish them all by then :)

Here are some pictures I found :)

I have no idea who I want to be the top lol.....















Until next time,



3 comments:

  1. Yay!! I can comment now. *giggle-snort* Team Qhuay, baby!!! Can't wait for your review of Rehv's book. It's action packed.

    ReplyDelete