Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter #2)




Dear Reader,

Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be immortal? To journey through the night stalking the evil that preys on humans? To have unlimited wealth, unlimited power? That is my existence, and it is dark and dangerous. I play hero to thousands, but am known to none. And I love every minute of it.

Or so I thought until one night when I woke up handcuffed to my worst nightmare: a conservative woman in a button-down shirt. Or in Amanda's case, buttoned all the way up to her chin. She's smart, sexy, witty, and wants nothing to do with the paranormal-in other words, me.

My attraction to Amanda Devereaux goes against everything I stand for. Not to mention the last time I fell in love it cost me not only my human life, but also my very soul. Yet every time I look at her, I find myself wanting to try again. Wanting to believe that love and loyalty do exist.

Even more disturbing, I find myself wondering if there's any way a woman like Amanda can love a man whose battle scars run deep, and whose heart was damaged by a betrayal so savage that he's not sure it will ever beat again.

Kyrian of Thrace


I sit here puzzled by this book. I fought the urge just like BDB, yet here I am reading this shit! DAMN IT!!!!



I have a HUGE issue with some aspects of this story. 

1. The Meet and Mate issue. Seriously, HELP me understand why authors write stuff like this. It's like, "Your hot, lets fuck," Never mind someone's name or anything about them. STD, spouse ect. I know the story of Kyrian and Amanda takes place over a couple days but...STILL!!! Also, ladies, I am fully aware that they are hot Dark Hunters with fangs and that is the way they live.
2. Okay, why do women want to hear terms like, "man meat," "core" and "his hardness"? Do not tell me its romantic. If any woman that I have slept with EVER reached down, gripped me and said, "oh please fill my core with your man meat," my erection would leave and I would have to fight a laugh. Since I am listing to the audiobook of this series, I cannot help it and cannot skip these scenes. Seriously can a "cock or dick" be whispered once from the lips of this most perfect woman and never mind EVERY man has a perfect body and a damn anaconda between their legs.  Enough of my rant and onto the good stuff....



Good Stuff.....


1. The actual story of Kyrian and the torture that he went though was amazing!
2. Amanda and link between Tabatha and Julian/Grace is nice and I cannot wait to see how Amanda plays out in the future. 
3. Nick, being a huge fan of the Nick Chronicles (That is why I am here now btw!) I love his scarstic ass. It's  nice to see it written on a semi-adult stand now too. 
4. Valerius.....Interesting little chap...right?!? 
5. The tid bits that we get of the Dark Hunter lore is AMAZING! I LOVE GREEK MYTHOLOGY!! Artemis is a little odd to me, and I am sure that it will play out in the end. 
6. The reunion between Julian and Kyrian was amazing. 

Oh the joys of another amazing story littered with sub par sex scenes, with words and cocks that are so unrealistic, I could scream. All I have to say is, thank god the story is so well written that you get sucked into the lore or I would flounce it with the sex scenes alone. 

Overall 3 out of 5 stars, due to the story only. I am halfway through the third book and I am enjoying it better. 

Until Next time, 



No comments:

Post a Comment