Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hard As You Can

Hard As You Can by Laura Kaye

Five dishonored soldiers.

Former Special Forces.
One last mission.
These are the men of Hard Ink. 

Ever since hard-bodied, drop-dead-charming Shane McCallan strolled into the dance club where Crystal Dean works, he’s shown a knack for getting beneath her defenses. For her little sister’s sake, Crystal can’t get too close. Until her job and Shane’s mission intersect, and he reveals talents that go deeper than she could have guessed.

Shane would never turn his back on a friend in need, especially a former Special Forces teammate running a dangerous, off-the-books operation. Nor can he walk away from Crystal. The gorgeous waitress is hiding secrets she doesn't want him to uncover. Too bad. He’s exactly the man she needs to protect her sister, her life, and her heart. All he has to do is convince her that when something feels this good, you hold on as hard as you can—and never let go. **

I started reading this one or should I say listening to this one a week ago when I was going to spend some time with my mom. I really enjoy this narrators voice and it makes the characters come alive. Anyway I didn't finish it in one trip because its not too far so I started reading the book on my phone and computer. I couldn't stop reading it. 

I loved Shane and his intensity for Crystal. He didn't know her but something about her called to him. So much shit going on at Hard Ink, he still had her in the back of his mind. Shane didn't know what was going on with her but he knew it was bad and it had to be stopped. 

Crystal is not a trusting person. She's had a super hard life, since her father died and left a mess for her to clean up at just 19. She's working at a strip club, has a horrible boyfriend and her life is not her own. The only bright spot in her life is the plan she has to escape. Shane busts into her life and from there she knows that she has to make it out. She deserves it and she has to do it for her sister. 

Everything doesn't work out the way you want it. Crystal didn't want to be attracted to Shane, she knew she couldn't have him but she couldn't fight it either. Shane thought he didn't deserve love because of his past and Crystal thought the same. Two peas in a pod and Shane was going to do anything he could to make sure she believed that he wanted to help her and more. 

I loved this book, the first one took me a minute to get into it but I was all in. This one I was all in from the start. I can't help but love a southern boy and this shy girl that had just about everything against them fight for everything right in the world.  If you've not read this series I'd suggest you read it. I am 3 books in and I'm itching to read the next one. Leave the author love in the form of a review!! 

**Goodreads summary

No comments:

Post a Comment