As the Spook's apprentice Tom's first duty is to protect the County from the dark. But now Mam needs his help in her homeland of Greece. One of the most dangerous of the old gods, the Ordeen, is about to return there, bringing slaughter and devastation. Meanwhile, the Devil himself is still loose and if he and the Ordeen join forces, a new age of darkness will descend.
Mam has summoned a powerful group to her side but among them are Tom's old enemy, the Pendle witches, including the assassin Grimalkin, and the cunning clan leader Mab Moldheel. Can Tom go against all the Spook has taught him and ally himself to the witches? What is the secret that Mam is keeping from him? And what sacrifices must be made in the battle against the dark?
I have so many emotions after reading this book. The ending brought me to tears. Even though, I assumed the ending would be such, I never guessed that the emotion would flow so well from last last chapters.
In this book, we get to see Tom develop. He is forced to be part of an alliance that goes against everything that he has been taught. His Mam has asked him to travel across the seas to Greece to face her mortal enemy.
We learn SO much in this book.
1. We finally get told what Mam is. I knew she was a witch, however, I was not expect that she was what she was.
2. Two Spooks come together, one comes out alive.
3. Grimalkin is one bad ass! She gives Tom two gifts on his birthday. He couldn't go to Pendel to get so she brought them. Both are assets of the Dark.
4. The roles that Tom and Alice become a little clearer.
5. The Fiend is a cunning enemy. He gets Tom do do something that could destroy the world as we know it.
6. The Mr. Gregory, finally realizes that he has to sacrifice some of his principles to keep Tom safe and save the County.
1. Mab, what role is she going to play as the final days play out?
2. What is Alice? We find out who her father is now, even though she uses her powers more and more, I want to know what all she can do! Also, is Tom and Alice going to give into their desire. It's riddled throughout more and more. A kiss here, a subtle handhold there.
3. We get to see some of Tom's new powers at the end of this book. The Ordeen lets us in on a few secrets. What will he become???
Amazing book! Onward I go!!!
― Joseph Delaney, The Spook's Sacrifice
― Joseph Delaney, Clash of the Demons
Rating: For pure enjoyment!