Saturday, September 14, 2013

No Mercy (Dark-Hunter #19)




Live fast, fight hard and if you have to die then take as many of your enemies with you as you can. That is the Amazon credo and it was one Samia lived and died by. Now in contemporary New Orleans, the immortal Amazon warrior is about to learn that there’s a worse evil coming to slaughter mankind than she’s ever faced before.

Shapeshifter Dev Peltier has stood guard at the front of Sanctuary for almost two hundred years and in that time, he’s seen it all. Or so he thought. Now their enemies have discovered a new source of power- one that makes a mockery of anything faced to date.

The war is on and Dev and Sam are guarding ground zero. But in order to win, they will have to break the most cardinal of all rules and pray it doesn’t unravel the universe as we know it.


Boy, if there was a story packed with plots it was this one. There was so much happening, I am having a hard time digesting everything. 

First, with Dev's mother dead, he has no tie to Sanctuary any more. However, a Dark Hunter with a very special power and a dark past. Of course, it works out in typical Kenyon fashion. With a lot of death and an evil plot by Stryker. 

Second, is the development of Nick. I believe in this book was the first reference to CON. Nick has some of his memories changed in this book. Maybe I am reading into it, but I don't think so. 

Thorne and the Hellchasers make another appearance with a few brushes a Savitar. 

The most shocking revelation was Apollo and Stryker. Stryker is after Sam for her special power to learn how to destroy his father. What he learns shocks him and me. How is this little revelation going to play out in the later parts of this series? 

Let's not forget that this book has a Greek adventure in it! Brought flashes of Percy Jackson. 

This was an amazing part of the series. There are still a lot of questions that I have and I know that there is a lot that I have to read yet before I catch up. However, after almost 30 books of this universe I have read, this book perhaps progressed more in the overall plot than the others. 

Quotes:

“You can take my life, but you'll never break me.
So bring me your worst...
And I will definitely give you mine.”

“He made a sound of disgust in the back of his throat. "Oh thank you so much. That's what every man wants to hear about his name. You might as well call me 'Little Pecker' while you're at it and tell me you would love to have me go shopping with you for feminine hygiene products. Oh and by all means, carry a big, sparkling pink bag with flowers on it and make me hold it.”

“Sam gave Captain Suicide a droll stare. "How did you die again? Oh wait, I know this. 'I can take 'em. I don't need to wait for reinforcements. I can do it myself.' How'd that work out for you again?”



Rating:




Until Next Time, 



No comments:

Post a Comment