Saturday, September 7, 2013

One Silent Night (Dark-Hunter #16)





While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all out onslaught against his enemies—which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race. To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife. Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he’s now embroiled in a centuries old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain.

 Usually, after an epic edition to this series the next book falls short of expectations. 

This book, however, has shattered that rule. I have no words for this book. Quite a bit shorter that Acheron's book but not short of amazing plot developments. 

Yes, there is the story of Stryker and Zephyra. However, this book showed us so much. 

We get the transformation of Nick into the Malachai. We find out that Menyara is a ancient Egyptian goddess that had suppressed Nick's powers. 

We see War and the ancient almost unstoppable powers he possesses. Jared, someone that I personally grew to like is the anti-Malachai. He is the Sephiroth and he is bound to Zephyra. 

We see the evolution of the Damion race into something that I fear will be a force to be feared. 

Apollymi and Stryker finally have a moment of reckoning that makes me like her even more.  

Then there is the slight, itty bitty battle at the end of this book where enemies and god unite to stop War and his allies. 

Theory....  I think that the ending of this series is going to be amazing. I can see the parallels of CON and this series so well. 

Amazing!!!!! 


Quotes:

“I want the honest truth about something. Could you really fight with someone who did as much damage to you as my father has done to me? (Urian)
I subjected myself to the goddess who drugged me to the point I couldn’t protect my sister and nephew the night they were brutally slaughtered, and they were the only two people in the universe who’d ever given two shits about me. Later that same day, she stood back and let her twin brother butcher me on the floor like an animal, yet within hours after that I sold myself to her to protect mankind. For the sake of the Dark-Hunters, I subjected myself to her cruel whims for eleven thousand years. So, yeah, Urian, I think I could manage to suck it up for an hour to protect the rest of the world. (Acheron)”

Sherrilyn Kenyon, One Silent Night

“Because I cursed him to it. (Acheron)
Be glad I’m not physically there or I’d slap you upside the head. You know how free will works, so stop the whining and get off the cross. Someone needs the wood. (Savitar)”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, One Silent Night

“Enough, children. In case you haven’t noticed, we have a major situation playing out. We have to find and stop War, corral the gallu, protect Apostolos, and get Savitar out of here. (Apollymi)
Why the later? (Jared)
Because I hate his guts. (Apollymi)
I hate you, too, precious. (Savitar)”
Sherrilyn Kenyon, One Silent Night



Rating:




Until Next Time, 



No comments:

Post a Comment