Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Into the Woods





Shaun McCarry left home as a young teenager, certain that whatever he had to do to survive on his own was better than being dragged around the country by his troubled, alcoholic father. Once he got away, he vowed never to look back. But years later, on the eve of his thirtieth birthday, he receives a bizarre letter from his dad indicating Shaun’s in grave danger. The letter sends him on a journey deep into the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. There, he uncovers a disturbing family history that leaves Shaun questioning everything he thought he knew about his past and even his future.

His only ally comes in the form of a mysterious drifter named Rannon James who seems to know more about Shaun’s history than Shaun does. Shaun’s drawn to the sexy and vaguely familiar man. And when Rannon tells him a story of love and loss, of loyalty and betrayal, and of two childhood friends who share a destiny, Shaun realizes he’s inextricably and intimately linked to the younger man.

But with danger stalking his every move, and fighting a terrifying change in himself that he never asked for, Shaun’s not sure who he can trust. Maybe not even himself.



This is a type of story that I told myself I would never read. A story where there is sex and a shapeshifter involved. However, with the recommendation of one great friend, I dove in. 

Okay, first impression....



I love supernatural works of fiction and the added M/M twist was nice. We are drawn into a world where Mels and Fels (vampires and shapeshifters) are enemies. Even though history was not written that way, as time progressed the Fel's took to hunting and killing the Mel people. 

We have Shaun, a Mel by birth, however he is unaware of this fact. Rannon, a Fel by birth and madly in love with Shaun, as they knew each other as kids. 

We are taken on a journey of self awareness mixed in with a nice amount of suspense. 

Shaun's father was killed and knowing that Shaun was approaching the age of 30, when he would undergo the transition, he tired to save him. Rannon was the only person who could. 

I do not want to tell you much, except the sex in this book...HOLY HELL BATMAN....There was a scene in the bathtub, where Shaun finally decided to feed off Ran, that I believe was one of the best scenes I have ever read. M/M or M/F. The scenes were not graphic, however the prose that the author used to convey the emotions felt by both parties was mind blowing. 

Pick this one up, as you will not be disappointed. No, there is no doggy style wolf sex either. Honestly, that was my fear. Both parties were in their human form...well kinda :) 

Enjoy, I did! Thanks Forks for the recommendation! 

Until Next time, 



3 comments:

  1. Yay! You liked it. I'm so glad. I thought it was a great read, too. I keep hoping for a sequel. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You liked it. I'm so glad. I thought it was a great read, too. I keep hoping for a sequel. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!!!! There so could be!!!

    ReplyDelete